- Sift together the flour, salt and sugar in your large smartbowl™. Set aside.
- Pour the milk and the oil into your medium smartbowl. Place the lid on the smartbowl, seal the lid, and press valve to release air. Microwave for about 1 minute, until the mixture is warm but not hot. Whisk the yeast into the milk mixture slowly. Set aside, uncovered for about 10 minutes. This is fun to watch; kids will love it!
- Flour a surface. Once the yeast mixture is nice and bubbly, fold it in to the flour mixture. Knead. The mixture should come together in just a few seconds!
- Brush a large smartbowl with vegetable oil, then knead the dough a floured surface until smooth. Place the dough in your greased smartbowl. And cover with a slightly damp lint-free kitchen towel. Let the dough sit for about an hour, and up to three hours. The dough should double in size.
- When ready to make buns, punch down the dough onto a floured surface and knead for a few more seconds, then divide the dough into golf ball-sized spheres. Let these sit again for a few minutes. They’ll rise a bit. Freeze some, if you like.
To serve: Dampen half of a paper towel and very loosely wrap your bun in the towel. Place the lid on the smartbowl, seal the lid, and press valve to release air. Microwave for about 30 seconds. Remove your smartbowl, unwrap the paper towel. The touch should feel like a marshmallow and the color will be matte. Fill with whatever you like!