- 1 cup water or low-sodium vegetable stock, hot
- 6 tablespoons bulgur or cracked wheat
- pinch of pumpkin spice
- ⅔ cup tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
Pour ½ cup hot water or stock into a medium smartbowl. Place the lid on the smartbowl, seal the lid, and press valve to release air. Microwave for 1½ minutes until boiling.
Carefully remove smartbowl from the microwave. Put bulgur and pumpkin spice on the bottom of a large smartbowl. Pour in boiling liquid. Place the lid on the smartbowl, seal the lid, and press valve to release air. Let stand until the bulgur has absorbed the water and is cooked. Check after 1 hour.
Mix tomatoes, parsley, mint, olive oil, lemon juice, and scallions into the bulgur. Season with salt and pepper.
Allow contents of the smartbowl to sit, covered and refrigerated, for at least 30 minutes.
Put 1/2 of the tabbouleh aside, stored in a smartbowl with the lid on in the fridge until DAY 4. Use in the Mediterranean Salad.