Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 6 ½ minutes + 30 minutes to chill
Use: medium and large smartbowl™
- 1 cup water or low-sodium vegetable stock, hot
- 6 tablespoons bulgur or cracked wheat
- pinch of pumpkin spice
- ⅔ cup tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Pour ½ cup hot water or stock into a medium smartbowl™Place the lid on the smartbowl™, seal the lid, and press valve to release air. Microwave for 1½ minutes.
- Carefully remove smartbowl™from the microwave. Put bulgur and pumpkin spice in a large smartbowl™. Pour in boiling liquid. Place the lid on the smartbowl™, seal the lid, and press valve to release air. Let stand until cool, approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix tomatoes, parsley, mint, olive oil, lemon juice, and scallions into the bulgur. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow contents of the smartbowl™to sit, covered and refrigerated, for at least 30 minutes.