- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 flour tortilla, heated
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons store-bought salsa
- 2 tablespoons grated pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- optional: sour cream and sliced avocado
Pour 1⁄2 cup of water into the medium smartbowl (make sure to use the appropriate amount of water). Break egg into the water and place the lid on. Seal the lid and press the valve to release air. Microwave for 45 seconds. Check for desired doneness. Add time if needed in 10- to 15-second intervals. Drain egg gently on a paper towel.
Warm tortillas: place the tortillas in the large smartbowl. Microwave uncovered for 15 seconds.
Place egg on top of the warm tortilla and season with salt and pepper. Spoon salsa over egg. Sprinkle cheese, scallions and cilantro on top. Serve immediately with sour cream and sliced avocado, if desired.