Put the frozen chicken nuggets down! Maybe Mom has been doing the grocery shopping and cooking all your life, and now that you’re in college, you have no clue where to start. You’re definitely not alone. But, eating healthy can be quick and easy when you’re living in the dorms. So, here are two quick and healthy cooking recipes you should try from the smartbowl™ cookbook:
Asian Rice Bowl:
Prep & Cook: About 17 minutes
2 cups broccoli
4 cups brown rice
½ cabbage (sliced thin)
2 carrots (grated or sliced)
½ cup Asian Marinade
4 extra-large poached eggs
½ scallions (chopped)
- Place broccoli into large smartbowl™. Next, fill water to 1 ½ cup mark. Then, place lid on the bowl, seal it and press valve to release air. Microwave for 3 minutes. Then strain out water using strainer or lid.
- Next, divide brown rice between 4 serving bowls. And, top bowl with broccoli, cabbage, and carrots. Drizzle with Asian Marinade.
- Lastly, top with eggs, scallions and sesame seeds!
Weeknight Chicken Breasts:
Serves: 1 to 2
Prep & Cook: About 7 minutes (plus overnight)
8 oz. chicken breasts (cut into strips)
Kosher salt and black pepper
¼ Marinade of your choice
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Next, place chicken in medium smartbowl™ and add ¼ cup of marinade. Then, push the lid down and pinch the valve to release air. Shake and store in the fridge overnight.
- Remove strips from marinade and place along the sides of a large smartbowl™. Then, place leftover pieces on the bottom. Next, push the lid down and pinch valve to release air.
- Microwave for 30 to 45 seconds and check. Then, continue to cook for up to 1 additional minute in 15-second increments.
- Repeat until all the chicken is cooked!
Want More Quick and Healthy Cooking Recipes?
The options are endless with the smartbowl™! Order your bowl – and cookbook – today for more recipes that’ll help you stay healthy this school year!
« Back To Blog