- 1/4 pound ground turkey
- 1/8 cup pear or apple, diced small
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 whole wheat pita, 6 1/2”
- green leaf lettuce
- 1 slice of tomato
Mix first 8 ingredients for the turkey burger in a medium or large smartbowl. Form a patty from the mixture, place the lid on the smartbowl, seal the lid, and press the valve to release the air. Refrigerate in your smartbowl until ready to use.
When ready to cook, microwave for about 1 minute, adding time in 20 second intervals, until your turkey patty is cooked through.
Place your cooked turkey burger into the pita and add lettuce and tomato.