- 1⁄4 pound ground turkey
- 1⁄8 cup chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 egg yolk
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup store-bought tomato sauce or pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups of fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 calamata olives, without pits
Combine the turkey, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, oregano, and egg yolk in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 golf ball size meatballs.
Place 1 teaspoon olive oil in the bottom of the large smartbowl. Place 4 of the meatballs in the smartbowl and place the lid on, push down to seal and press the valve to release air. Microwave for 2 minutes and check for doneness. Add time in 15 second intervals until the meatballs are just cooked. Take the meatballs out of the large smartbowl and place in the medium smartbowl with the lid on to keep warm.
Place the spinach in the large smartbowl. Place the lid on, push down to seal and press the valve to release air. Microwave for 1 minute.
Remove from the microwave and add the tomato sauce, basil and olives. Place the lid on, push down to seal and press the valve to release air. Microwave for 30 seconds to warm the tomato sauce. Remove from the microwave, stir the tomato mixture, place the meatballs on top and serve.